Water All Around

"Water all around...never learn how to swim now." This site is devoted to great alternative music. Like "Swingin' Party" by the Replacements from which the aforementioned lyrics hail. These posts are intended to introduce visitors to bands that I believe deserve greater attention. If you wish to have an MP3 removed, email me at zotzedwriter@yahoo.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rare Mats Tune

The bad thing about work is that they make you work. Lately, I haven’t had any spare time to devote to Water. So in the little time I have today, I’m gonna post a little-heard Replacements tune – “Lookin’ for Ya.”

I happened upon this somewhere in the blogosphere (wish I could remember where and give credit, but I’m at a loss). “Lookin’ for Ya” apparently appeared on some promo disc for a local Minneapolis radio station back in ‘82. A year later, the music from this song would be used in “Lovelines” on the Hootenanny album.

Here’s both tunes so you can compare notes (so to speak).

Okay, gotta get back to work.

[MP3] Replacements – Lookin’ for Ya EXPIRED
[MP3] Replacements – Lovelines EXPIRED

Buy Hootenanny

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

more please

 

Post a Comment

<< Home