Water All Around

"Water all around...never learn how to swim now." This site is devoted to great alternative music. Like "Swingin' Party" by the Replacements from which the aforementioned lyrics hail. These posts are intended to introduce visitors to bands that I believe deserve greater attention. If you wish to have an MP3 removed, email me at zotzedwriter@yahoo.com.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Elvis Costello

You young uns might not know this, but there was a time way back in rock ‘n’ roll days of old when Elvis Costello didn’t take himself too seriously and played with rockin’ back-up bands, not crusty classical quartets. In those days, when punk was in its infancy and E.C. had far more hair and far less girth, he was an angry man who played angry songs.

And boy was he good.

As historical evidence, I present four tracks from This Year’s Model, his 1978 release that remains one of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll discs of all time.

[MP3] Elvis Costello – “No Action” EXPIRED
[MP3] Elvis Costello – “You Belong to Me” EXPIRED
[MP3] Elvis Costello – “Lip Service” EXPIRED
[MP3] Elvis Costello – “Lipstick Vogue” EXPIRED

Get your grubby hands on This Year’s Model

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best post since Wreckless Eric.
Now post some songs from the "My Aim Is True" album as well. Thanx!!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Elvis. One of the trio of angry young men that shaped my adolescent. The other two were Graham Parker (Squeezing out Sparks) and Joe Jackson (I'm The Man). EC's had a few return to forms over the years (Brutal Youth and When I was Cruel), but nothing beats those first 3 slabs of wax. Thanks for the memories and keep on blogging, I'm loving it.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Kent said...

I was just talking to a buddy about Joe Jackson the other day. We were remembering just how good his first two discs were. Alas, I don't have either one anymore......

-Kent

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kent said...

I'll get some "My Aim Is True" tracks up soon....

-Kent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home