Water All Around

"Water all around...never learn how to swim now." This site is devoted to great alternative music. Like "Swingin' Party" by the Replacements from which the aforementioned lyrics hail. These posts are intended to introduce visitors to bands that I believe deserve greater attention. If you wish to have an MP3 removed, email me at zotzedwriter@yahoo.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

999

This post goes out to Greg, the childhood buddy who introduced me to punk back in high school and in the process saved my rock ‘n’ roll soul from the likes of Journey, Styx, and REO Speedwagon.

Thank you, Greg. I am forever indebted. The thought of tootling around town as a 43-year-old to the strains of You Can Tune a Piano But You Can’t Tuna Fish gives me the willies.

One of Greg’s favorite bands back in the day was 999, a bubble-gummy Brit punk outfit who took its name from the English version of our 911 emergency number. I can still vividly recall Greg, fueled by far too many Molsons, leaping about our Michigan State dorm room to 999’s The Biggest Prize in Sport. That same year, we saw Nick Cash and the 999 gang in Ann Arbor for the Biggest Prize tour. It was a heckuva lotta fun and remains one of my cherished college memories.

Which is why I was euphorically surprised yesterday when I saw that eMusic just added a bunch of Anagram releases – including 999’s Biggest Prize in Sport. I hit download with great alacrity.

So here ya go, Greg. These goes out to you:

[MP3] 999 – “Fun Thing” EXPIRED
[MP3] 999 – “The Biggest Prize in Sport” EXPIRED
[MP3] 999 – “English Wipeout” EXPIRED

BONUS
Greg and his wife just had a baby girl so in her honor here’s 999’s fairytale rocker “Little Red Riding Hood”:
[MP3] 999 – “Little Red Riding Hood” EXPIRED

Get the Biggest Prize in Sport FREE by checking out eMusic!

2 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks
you really know what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally seek advice from my web site =). We can have a link alternate arrangement between us
my webpage > internet network marketing blog

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your way of describing the whole thing in this post is actually fastidious, all
be able to effortlessly know it, Thanks a lot.
my page - http://www.whoshare.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home