Water All Around

"Water all around...never learn how to swim now." This site is devoted to great alternative music. Like "Swingin' Party" by the Replacements from which the aforementioned lyrics hail. These posts are intended to introduce visitors to bands that I believe deserve greater attention. If you wish to have an MP3 removed, email me at zotzedwriter@yahoo.com.

Friday, July 14, 2006

More XTC


Above is an Andy Partridge-designed postcard that I stumbled across in the Scrapbook section of the XTC website. Apparently, he created it for a promotion in the Japanese market. Partridge is the bloke in the glasses. Next to him is Colin Moulding, his bandmate of 30 years. I was so taken with it – with the richness of the colors and the childlike qualities of the illustrations – that I had to post it. Seems very XTC to me.

Below is a live version of “Making Plans for Nigel” from a 1982 performance in Amsterdam. Lamentably, this is the closest I’ll come to experiencing the band in concert. I had tickets to this very tour but Partridge had a stage-fright-driven breakdown before the band made it to Detroit. They cancelled the tour – and never performed live again. I had 10th row tickets so when I play this song I sit really close to my stereo.

[MP3] XTC – Making Plans for Nigel (Live)

Visit the XTC website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home