Water All Around

"Water all around...never learn how to swim now." This site is devoted to great alternative music. Like "Swingin' Party" by the Replacements from which the aforementioned lyrics hail. These posts are intended to introduce visitors to bands that I believe deserve greater attention. If you wish to have an MP3 removed, email me at zotzedwriter@yahoo.com.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Tommy Womack

I discovered Tommy Womack through (what else?) my love of the Replacements. I had read somewhere that he'd written a song about the Mats so I started investigating. Turns out the tune appears on his 2002 album, Circus Town. I picked up the disc expecting to add a novelty to my Mats' collection. What I didn't expect was how good the rest of Circus Town would be. This guy can rock. Here's the Replacements song, as well as "Tough" (a great tune he wrote after the death of his father) and "I'm Selling Mom's Urine on eBay" (a silly little ditty that got some radio play on rock stations in the south). Tommy has a new album coming out in 2006. Visit his website for details.

[MP3] Tommy Womack - The Replacements
[MP3] Tommy Womack - Tough
[MP3] Tommy Womack - I'm Selling Mom's Urine on eBay

Buy Circus Town


Visit Tommy Womack's Website

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home